One of the most misunderstood areas of law for most people is uninsured motorist coverage. Recently, we received an inquiry from someone who sustained serious injuries caused by a hit and run driver who, chances are, was probably drunk.

The potential client came to us wanting to know if we could get an investigator to find the hit and run driver. Bad strategy.

First, finding the driver would likely be an expensive proposition.

Second, even if the driver were found, he likely would have no money and no insurance.

Third, and most important, if you have full insurance coverage on your vehicle then you have UNINSURED MOTORIST coverage — which includes coverage for hit and run drivers. You pay good money to your insurance company every month for this coverage.

Your uninsured motorist coverage does not just pay for property damage. You are entitled to pain and suffering, lost wages, recovery of medical bills, and all other damages arising from the negligent acts of the hit and run driver.

It is important not to act as if your own insurance company is on your side — even if they try to make you believe that they are. When you file an uninsured motorist claim, your insurance company primarily is interested in getting you to sign a release and waiver for the least amount of money as possible.

Get a free consultation from the TRIAL ATTORNEYS are Staggs Morris, P.C. with three decades of trial law experience. We do not settle your case for less than what it is worth like most of the big personal injury law firm mills. We prepare EVERY case for trial because we have the courtroom experience to actually take your case to trial

Willing Trial Lawyers. On your side.